Check what you can visit as well

Zarzecin – relax at Sulejow Lagoon

A beach and a pier are in close vicinity of Hotel Podklasztorze. Zarzecin area is also famous for excellent zander fisheries.


St. Margaret and St. Augustine church in Witów – the Roman Catholic parish church in Witów with a miraculous picture of Our Lady of Annunciation.

After the picture reconstruction the temple acquired the name of Sanctuary of Our Lady of Annunciation. The church, once belonging to the order of Norbertines, was founded by Wit of Chotel, the bishop of Płock, in 1179; the village name “Witów” came after his name. The church was expanded in 1677, later reconstructed many times and now it has the baroque style. A gate tower, now playing a role of a belfry, and one of the wings, now a presbytery, are the only remnants of the old monastery.

Piotrków Trybunalski

The centre of Piotrkow Trybunalski is worth seeing because of numerous monuments standing by squares and streets marked out still in the Middle Ages. The Old Town in Piotrkow Trybunalski is one of the most interesting complexes of old city buildings in the central Poland, with a centrally located town square and adjacent streets as well as about 100 historical buildings from different periods of the city history. One can also visit a royal castle from the early 16th century where a museum is nowadays.

Outdoor museum of Pilica river

The outdoor museum of Pilica river has been created since 2000 and it is the 1st open-air museum dedicated to a river in Poland. The museum documents and popularizes natural and historical heritage as well as cultural space of Pilica and its surroundings. The main idea of the outdoor museum of Pilica river, which is consistently implemented, is to establish a living institution where the nature and history of the river, and the cultural space it has created can be experienced with all senses – by sight, hearing, touch and taste.

Nagórzyce Caves

They make a monument of nature. The caves are made of Cenomanian sandstone originating from Cretaceous period, almost 100 million years back. Excavations in Nagórzyce were made in effect of exploitation of sand necessary for production of glass. As a result chambers, niches and corridors resembling natural caves were created. With the use of the European Union funds the former caves were adapted for a hiking trail. The underground trail of Nagórzyce Caves in Tomaszów Mazowiecki is the first structure of this type in the region of central Poland.

Blue Springs

The reserve lies in Pilica river valley. Its area is about 29 ha. It has been established for protection of natural karst springs of blue colour as well as for preservation of sanctuaries of numerous bird species. A mallard is a symbol of the reserve. Blue Springs are one of the most interesting karst phenomena in Europe. Cracked Jurassic limestone, from which water of blue and light blue and green colour spurts out, makes the main series of aquifers. Colour of water in well-heads results from diffused sunlight.


European Bison Breeding Centre in Smardzewice was established in 1934-1936 and is under administration of the Kampinoski National Park. A herd of approximately 20 animals is held on 56 ha forest land. There is a terrace and an enclosure available for tourists.

Wolbórz – Palace of Bishops of Kujawy

The palace in Wolbórz is one of greatest late Baroque residence in Poland. Construction of a new location was commenced in 1768 and bishop Antoni Ostrowski was an initiator of the venture. The palace is a two-storey building raised on a rectangular plan. The palace complex also includes two annexes, utility buildings and a Baroque park with a parterre as well as terraces and a long channel along axis.

The former residence of bishops of Kujawy has been occupied by Agriculture Vocational School in Wolbórz since 1967.

Ujazd Mikrokosmos – Education and Entertainment Park

Mikrokosmos Education and Entertainment Park is a place of almost 10,000 m2 where one can find very realistic sculptures of insects made with care of their morphological structure. The Park includes several dozen of exhibits bigger than an adult person – the insects are magnified several times.

Bunkers in Konewka and Jeleń

The bunker in Konewka and Jeleń is a complex of mysterious, German shelters made of reinforced concrete during the World War II. These are two out of four railway shelters constructed by the Germans in that time. A hiking trail was established in Konewka where one can visit a 380 m railway shelter, military exposition, vehicles, technical shelters, deep-water well shelter. There are also permanent exhibitions connected with the World War II.


The castle in Inowłódż was one of nearly fifty brick strongholds built in the lifetime and under the reign of Kazimierz Wielki. That defensive structure was raised in 1356-1366 and was meant as a military place and local residence of regal power. The only remnants preserved until now are a circuit of outer walls, fragments of internal divisions and foundations of an octagonal tower.


Spała is a reputable holiday resort over Pilica river situated in a region of former Pilica Forest, today Spała Landscape Park. It has good climate conditions. Polish kings, Russian tsars and presidents of interwar Poland used to go hunting in the neighbourhood.

The city is a venue of three cyclical events of nationwide character: President’s Harvest Festival, Spała Hunting Festival and Spała Fair of Antiques and Handicraft. Today Spała is mainly known as a centre of sports, recreation and relaxation.

Kamieńsk Ośrodek Sportu i Rekreacji Góra Kamieńsk

Kamieńsk – Sports and Recreation Centre Kamieńsk Mountain
A ski centre situated in a region of an outside heap of Bełchatów Brown Coal Mine, on the south-eastern slope called Kamieńsk Mountain (height 386 m above sea level). The following attractions are there in the centre and its vicinity: snowpark (a garden in the middle part of the slope) with jumping hills and additional crossings, gravitational luge track, 2 downhill routes for cyclists, ATV track, cart track (in summer), climbing wall, three marked bicycle paths of different degree of difficulty.

Special offer

Hotel Podklasztorze means more than hospitality. It is one of the best preserved Cistercian bands that are the pearl of Romanesque architecture, Belonging to the 12th-century Cistercian Abbey. See for yourself.

Bestow your closest family even without leaving the house!

No idea for an original and remarkable present?

See more

Businessman Package

Time for business in the Cistercian climate...

See more

Castle engagement

We will take care of every detail and special setting...

See more


Weekend in Spa for Her in the 12th century Cistercian Abbey

See more


It is a great pleasure for us that Hotel Podklasztorze was awarded with many prizes. For example it was listed among the Most Amazing Hotels in Poland. Hotel Podklasztorze also takes care of the youngest Guests and is awarded with a title of “Family-friendly hotel” year after year.

Exceptional location

Exceptional location of a historic hotel within the 12th century Cistercian Abbey, close by blue waters of Pilica river, in vicinity to Sulejow Lagoon makes the place ideal both for those craving for relaxation as well as for thrill-seekers.

Hotel Podklasztorze is a historic hotel right in the centre of Poland – only 120 km from Warsaw and not far from Lodz. Settled in the central Poland makes a perfect place to organize an event for companies and corporations that have agencies in different parts of Poland.


Hotel Podklasztorze
ul. Władysława Jagiełły 1
97-330 Sulejów
tel.: +48 44 610 24 00
kom. +48 695 320 485
fax: +48 44-616 20 02


We are available on social networks. Visit us on the following pages and check out the events in our Hotel

PFR - Polska Tarcza Antykryzysowa informacja
Zobacz Hotel Podklasztorze w serwisie
Copyright/Privacy policy. Design and execution 2017